DÜSSELDORF, 1 March 2016– At drupa 2016 (Messe Düsseldorf, 31 May – 10 June 2016, Hall 8a, Stand B50), Canon will show print businesses the full gamut of its market-leading inkjet and toner based solutions, from small to wide format. The focus of Canon’s drupa presence will be on productive, high quality technologies that meet the evolving expectations of commercial printers and corporate print departments of every size and type.
The highlight for most visitors will be the first opportunity to see Canon’s most recently launched production print systems, including:
- Océ VarioPrint i300 - inkjet sheetfed press - with new features and finishing options (see separate press release)
- imagePRESS C10000VP - digital production press, 100ppm (see separate press release)
- imagePRESS C8000VP – digital production press, 80 ppm (see separate press release
- Océ ColorStream 6000 Chroma – high-speed commercial inkjet system featuring the new Chromera ink set (see separate press release)
- ImageStream 2400 - full-colour inkjet press for standard coated papers (see separate press release)
- ColorWave 910 - high-speed, single-pass colour inkjet printer
- the first European showing of several new wide format printer models
The Canon stand will be arranged to reflect the most prominent applications for visitors, making it easy to locate the solutions of most interest to them:
- commercial print;
- business communications, including transactional and direct mail;
- publishing, including books, magazines and newspapers;
- advertising and creative, including display graphics;
- functional/industrial, including 3D printing;
- photographic products
In every area of the stand, Canon will bring to life its new campaign to ‘#UnleashPrint’. This communicates Canon’s passion for print as a unique and powerful medium, celebrates the value of print and sets out to unlock its still untapped potential. At drupa 2016, visitors will discover how Canon can help them ‘unleash print’ by combining technology innovation with expertise in implementing intelligent new business models that elevate print’s ability to respond to changing customer needs.
Every zone of the Canon stand will feature exceptional creative print applications, with the aim of inspiring visitors to extend their product portfolio and push the boundaries of print. As part of its customer journey, Canon will also show visitors how they can increase print’s effectiveness though integration with digital platforms to deliver seamless multichannel communications that simplify customer experiences, stimulate response and make print as measurable as any other tool in the communications mix.
Canon experts will be on hand throughout drupa to talk to PSPs about their development plans and aspirations, offering practical guidance and insight through such successful tools as the Canon Business & Innovation Scan and Essential Business Builder Program.
Jeppe Frandsen, Executive Vice President of Industrial & Production Solutions, Canon Europe comments: “Every print service provider, regardless of their size, business profile or applications focus, should come and talk to Canon at drupa about how we can help them to grow their business. We are a market leader in both inkjet and toner technologies addressing the whole spectrum of print applications, with an extensive international customer base representing all types of print business.”
“The high-performance end-to-end solutions we will showcase are the result of our sustained R&D commitment, shaped by the insights we gain from our deep engagement with our customer community. This combination of leading technology, expertise and continuous dialogue with customers means we are uniquely placed to help print service providers implement customer-centric digital business models that unleash the full potential of their business.”
Canon’s extensive production print portfolio on display at drupa 2016 includes:
- a range of high-specification digital inkjet presses for continuous and sheet-fed work across a spectrum of high-volume commercial print applications;
- an extended family of digital toner presses, delivering up to 100 pages per minute for high-quality commercial print applications;
- wide format output devices, including flatbed and roll-to-roll, toner and inkjet, covering a range of applications from commercial wide format print, through signage and graphics, to decorative and functional print;
- a portfolio of workflow automation solutions and supporting software;
- a growing range of integrated and off-line finishing solutions.