Fujifilm today announces that it will use Labelexpo Europe 2017 (25th - 28th September, Brussels) to showcase its new SambaTM 42000 Inkjet Printbar System. The very latest in Fujifilm SambaTM inkjet technology, combined with Fujifilm’s renowned Uvijet ink, provides imprinting of the highest standard to the label market – adding digital capability to existing flexo presses or offline label customisation.
In addition to offering print quality levels of up to 1200 DPI – much higher than that of similar competitive systems – the SambaTM 42000 Inkjet Printbar system also runs at impressive speeds of up to 90 metres per minute, giving flexo printers the opportunity to substantially boost quality and productivity simultaneously.
Easily installed on standard flexo press rails, the print bar has a trigger and encoder to track and target the flexo print zone. Once imprinted, media is then brought back in line for typical post processing.
Fujifilm’s expertise in both printhead design and ink creation, brought together under the Fujifilm Inkjet Technology brand, has been combined to give label printers the best possible quality and flexibility for high quality label customisation.
Each imprinting bar has 8 or 10 printheads – to match press widths of 13 or 17 inches – that are accurately aligned and balanced so that the printed result is consistent for every one of the thousands of nozzles. Printing of 1200 or 600 DPI at up to 90 metres per minute is achievable with full scalability and excellent ROI. The ability to run in-line with flexo stations in pre-analogue and post-analogue configurations is also a feature, as well as off-line printing on converting equipment.
Says Peter Verryt, Packaging Segment Manager, Graphic Systems Europe: “Fujifilm has drawn on its in-depth knowledge of the flexo industry and combined it with the very latest in Fujifilm Inkjet Technology to offer label printers the opportunity to give themselves a real edge over their competitors. The SambaTM 42000 Series Inkjet Printbar imprinting system provides quality and flexibility of the highest level and, with Fujifilm’s unrivalled service and support, this product has the potential to expand the product offering and boost the revenue of traditional flexo printers.”
Fujifilm SambaTM 42000 Inkjet Printbar system comprises:
- Expert installation, service and support
- Imprinting engine - printbar, controller unit, fluid
- Simple GUI with job management and workflow
- Interface to RIP
- Variable data capable RIP
- Camera interface for quality control triggers
- Flexo rail mounting interface
- UV LED Curing
- Automated nozzle maintenance
- Mechanical integration services
Fujifilm Dimatix SambaTM printheads
- High print speeds, with 100 kHz jetting frequencies
- Range of native drop volumes from 1 to 5 pL
- VersaDrop™ binary and grayscale jetting
- Continuous ink recirculation and Non Wetting Coatings with RediJet™
- Wide ink latitude (material, temperature, viscosity range)
- Aqueous (dye and pigment), UV, aqueous-UV, latex, and solvent-based inks
- High resolution: 2048 Nozzles at 1200 nozzles per inch
- Capable of process resolutions of 300, 600, or 1200 DPI.
- Small footprint and modular design
- Field replaceable
Fujifilm Uvijet UV imprinting inks
- High speed performance
- Matched to printhead, delivery system and waveform
- Print to a wide variety of label substrates
- Excellent adhesion, light fastness and durability
- High white opacity
- Available in Black, White, Varnish (clear) as standard
- Spot colours available on demand
- General purpose and low migration ink series available
- Conventional and LED curable