FESPA’s new interior design showcase event, Printeriors, will host a dedicated conference in Rheinsaal 3 at Koelnmesse, on Thursday 21 May 2015 focusing on print for interior design. Wayne Hemingway will take centre stage in the keynote session where he’ll talk about the emotional impact of print, how it affects us and the inspiration it can offer.
Printeriors will take place alongside FESPA 2015 Global Expo, at Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany from 18-22 May 2015. The Printeriors Conference will cover applications, techniques, case studies, equipment, materials and trends across retail, hospitality, residential and corporate settings to provide detailed insight into the printed interiors market.
The seminars will be led by experts in the interior design and print industries to showcase to visitors how print can be exploited in the realms of interior decoration.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jennifer Castoldi, Chief Creative Director of online design and fashion publication, Trendease International. Jennifer will look at insights into the growth and creative development of printing for interior markets.
- Andreas Skantza, President of Big Image Systems AB will talk about creative solutions with digital printed fabrics.
- Mark Burmingham and Peter Morrison, Owners of Arc will look at cost-effective creativity and how digital print is a productive medium enabling the designer to execute creative campaigns efficiently, cost-effectively and to strict deadlines.
- Image is Everything by Jan Baden, CEO, Druckprozess GmbH & Co. KG will look at the photorealistic images digital print offers meeting today’s trends for image-led interiors.
- Janjaap Ruijssenaars, Architect at Universe Architecture will explore how he sees print in the architectural design sphere and will share his recent project of producing the first ever 3D printed house in his session titled the recipe for discovery.
- Michael Berman, CEO of Schoos Design, Inc., will explore print in interior design using case studies of work and discussing how he sees print as an important tool for design.
- Exploring the opportunities of digital technology for the design world by Sedat Balioğlu and Osman Ciritci of Turkish digitally printed decoration papercompany, Base Dekor.
- Keynote speaker: Print Rules! Unleashing an explosion of creativity by Wayne Hemingway, English fashion designer and co-founder of Red or Dead.
During the afternoon there will also be two panel discussions. The first will be the Printeriors 2015 exhibitors’ panel session, which will include contributions from speakers who have created showcase illustrations, while sharing their experiences. The second session, ESMA Panel Session will be chaired by Peter Buttiens of ESMA looking at technologies and key players in this sector, specifically focusing on printing on ceramics, glass, wood and vinyl.
Roz McGuinness, Divisional Director, FESPA and Printeriors, comments: “The line-up for the Printeriors Conference is packed with inspirational speakers and topic areas. The purpose of the conference is to provide printers, interior designers, architects and specifiers of print with an overview and examples of interior design. Whether printers are thinking of entering this area, or are already producing interior décor work, the sessions have something for everyone.
“We’re seeing a lot of interest in Printeriors and hope that with the application focused pods and conference, visitors to Printeriors will be able to leave with insight and knowledge about how they can compete in this space.”
The conference will begin at 10:50am on Thursday 21 May culminating with a drinks reception at 17:30pm. The cost to attend Printeriors Conference is €100 for suppliers, €70 for printers and €50 for designers and architects. This includes access to all content sessions, refreshment breaks, lunch, the networking drinks reception, as well as a tour of the Printeriors showcase to explore inspirational use of print at FESPA Global Expo 2015.
For more information on Printeriors and the conference visit: www.printeriors.net. To register to attend the conference, visit: https://www.regonline.co.uk/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1671231