By our rough calculations, Team AD Communications has chalked up well over 40 drupa exhibitions between us.
As the printiverse makes its final preparations for our industry’s mega-event – drupa 2012 – here are the 12 top drupa-truths we’ve learned over the years. Tweet us @adcomms if you have any to add to this list.
- Whatever you plan to carry around the show, halve it.
- Drupa time is not real time. Figure out how long it will take you to get from A to B, then triple it.
- You can never have enough USB sticks.
- Wherever you are, the press office is (a lot) further than you think.
- It’s harder than you imagine to get something printed at a print show.
- @Juan_Diaz_Diaz will be first in the press office.
- You will not be able to feel your feet after Day 2. Embrace the numbness.
- A two-week diet of strong coffee, pretzels, Cornettos and Altbier is not good for your digestion.
- Peppermint foot spray is a valuable commodity.
- You’ll only have a mobile signal when you’d really rather be incommunicado.
- You will eat Spargel at least once. Even if you didn’t order it.
- You will not have a ‘quiet night’ in the Altstadt (and why would you want to?)
See you in drupa-city Düsseldorf!