As part of its commitment to funding education and knowledge sharing events for its member community, FESPA has launched its first Nordic Congress, in partnership with its Nordic national associations: FESPA Norway Association, FESPA Finland Association, FESPA Sweden Association and Graphic Association Denmark. The congress titled, ‘Successful Printing – Driving Opportunities’, will take place from 24-25 March 2015 at Axelborg in Copenhagen, Denmark.
The congress is funded through FESPA’s Profit for Purpose programme, which reinvests surplus revenues from its global exhibition portfolio back into the print community.
The aim of the two-day congress is to promote innovation in the print industry and to create an event where printers can network and learn from their regional peers. The congress will be run by the four Nordic associations, with guidance from the FESPA events team in the UK.
The Nordic Congress will provide a unique opportunity for print service providers (PSPs) to take inspiration and practical guidance from leading industry experts across various printing sectors. Day One (Tuesday 24 March) will begin at midday and will include numerous presentations and networking opportunities for delegates, culminating with a hosted dinner in the evening. Day Two (Wednesday 25 March) will consist of morning sessions running until lunchtime.
Day One Sessions:
- Robert Stake, Sales Development Manager Nordic Region, Inkjet Printing Solutions, EFI, will deliver the first day’s keynote presentation
- A print buyer’s view on sustainability from Matthieu Leroy, Sustainability Specialist, IKEA
- Sustainability from the Nordic perspective by Carsten Bøgh, Head of Environmental Affairs, Arbejdsgiverforening, DK
- Successful printing – Start leading not managing, Dr Paul Thomas, DNA Definitive
- Opportunities in printed intelligence by Kari Rönkä, Research Team Leader VTT, Systems Design and Pilot Manufacturing Printed and Hybrid Functionalities
- Sandor Tatrai, Sales Manager Scandinavia for X-rite/Pantone will discuss how PantoneLive can help manage and control brand colours
Day Two Sessions:
- Hävard Grojotheim, CEO of 07 Media, Norway, looking at opportunities in the print industry
- Case studies from printers including Esben Molskabell, CEO and co-founder of Lasertryk, Sigurd Hammerstad, CEO of Mega Print, and Johan Stålhäll, CEO of print company, Ineko
- Panel discussion: How printers can drive successful businesses
- How being a member of a FESPA national association can help to grow businesses, by Sean Holt, General Secretary, FESPA
Sean Holt, FESPA’s General Secretary, comments: “As a not-for-profit organisation we exist specifically to support printers to grow their business by sharing knowledge and best practice. We realise that in this rapidly moving industry, printers are faced with the challenge of keeping up to date with the changes around them.
“Working with our member associations in a collaborative way enables us to organise events to suit the needs of individual regions and target audiences. The speakers engaged for this event do business in this region and often face similar challenges to the attendees, so printers will find it easy to identify with them.”
Niels Rask, President of FESPA activities in Denmark through the Graphic Association Denmark,
comments: “We are pleased to be launching this congress for regional printers to provide opportunities for them to learn and absorb the latest industry information. Holding the event in Copenhagen provides an accessible location for print service providers from across the region to hear from top brands, providing solutions and insight for today’s printers.”
The Nordic Congress is part of a wider programme of regional events FESPA is hosting in 2015 including:
- Southern European Congress in Barcelona, Spain, 10-11 March
- Mexico Congress, Mexico City, 16 April
- African Conference, Johannesburg, South Africa, 22-23 July
For more information on the Nordic Congress and to register to attend visit: www.nordiccongress.eu