PARSIPPANY, N.J., USA – January 19, 2018 – During LOPEC 2018, Sun Chemical will showcase the latest offerings from its wide portfolio of solutions for printed electronics, displays, electroluminescent lighting, smart sensors, packaging, printed circuit boards, and electronics manufacturing.
“Printed electronics manufacturers are looking for a partner that can develop tailor-made solutions for transparent conductors, interconnects, sensors, and more,” said Roy Bjorlin, Commercial and Strategic Initiatives Director, Sun Chemical Advanced Materials. “During LOPEC, Sun Chemical will explain how its wide array of solutions can meet the individual needs and requirements of individual customers. Moreover, our recent partnerships and acquisitions have further expanded our offerings to fulfill customers’ requests for custom materials for printed antennas, sensors, switches, solar, lighting, PCBs, and electronics assembly.”
Partnerships and Acquisitions Expand Sun Chemical’s Solutions Portfolio for Printed Electronics
Visitors of Stand #103 in Hall B0, will learn about Sun Chemical’s expanded solutions portfolio thanks to a variety of strategic partnerships and acquisitions, including:
- a licensing agreement with GGI Solutions and the National Research Council of Canada to introduce a new family of molecular inks for the printed electronics market. Based on ionic molecules processed through a reduction process, the new IPS family of products will offer a viable alternative to conventional polymer thick film conductive inks and serve as a low-cost alternative to nanomaterials.
- a partnership with Pulse 3D Systems which allows Sun Chemical’s high-performance silver inks to be utilized in its new Fluidant 3D printing system for antennas and sensor systems used in a variety of molded plastic components for mobile phones, tablets, wearables and laptops.
- the acquisition of the proprietary technology of Transitions Digital Graphics, LLC which features a compelling display solution—now called SunMotion—that brings an interactive visual experience to consumers and strengthens Sun Chemical’s strategic initiative in electronic packaging by providing exciting new solutions in point of sale advertising.
- a partnership with T+Ink, called T+Sun, to develop Touchcode, a series of printed conductors embedded in cards, labels and packaging that interact with touchscreen enabled devices. More cost-effective than NFC or RFID and invisible unlike barcodes or QR codes, Touchcode ensures stronger brand authenticity, awareness and promotions.
- the acquisition of Gwent Electronic Materials which expands Sun Chemical’s latest printed electronics offerings of tailor-made conductive inks and pastes for smart sensors, cermet pastes for oxygen sensors, electroluminescent materials, piezo, and hybrid microcircuits as well as novel materials for printed circuits.
SunTronic NANOSILVER Inks for Aerosol Jet, Inkjet and Screen Systems
Booth visitors will be introduced to Sun Chemical’s latest addition to its EMD5800 series of nanosilver inks for inkjet systems, the EMD5805, which can be used with industry-leading digital and direct write systems. EMD5800 nanosilver inks deliver superior low-temperature sintering properties while offering long open life as well as superior jetting performance. Optimized for industry leading aerosol jet, inkjet and screen systems, it is now possible to work with one nanosilver from prototype to production with the EMD5800 series of inks.
Sun Chemical to Display Solutions for Printed Antenna, Switches, Displays, and More
During the show, Sun Chemical will display its conductive inks, including fine line/pitch PTF silvers, resists, dielectrics and insulators for HMI, sensors, displays, touch panels, photovoltaics, printed antenna, and solid-state lighting. To support a broad variety of applications, SunTronic® ECLIPSE technologies can be tailor-made for specific printing processes, including screen, inkjet, roll-to-roll coating, and other print technologies.
A Unique Provider of Both Traditional and Electronic Inks for In-Mold Electronics
Booth visitors will learn that Sun Chemical is the world’s only provider of both functional and graphic inks for in-mold electronics (IME). Offering an “IME Full Stack” where both traditional inks and electronic inks can be sold together from a single source, Sun Chemical is uniquely positioned to provide both form and function for the burgeoning IME process. By integrating printed electronics and conventional components into molded structures, IME delivers electronic functionality to the molded part as well as lighter weight, less expensive manufacturing, and greater durability.
Advanced Materials for PCBs and Electronics Assembly
In addition to its industry-leading technologies for printed electronics, Sun Chemical offers the #1 most-used soldermask in Europe which can be applied via direct imaging (DI) and laser direct imaging (LDI). Soldermask options from Sun Chemical also feature a convenient peelable mask and notation inks for efficient PCB assembly and repair. For electronics manufacturing and decoration, Sun Chemical delivers adhesive tapes, liquid adhesives, coatings, and graphic inks for highly durable and beautiful electronics.
Durable Tapes, Adhesives and Polymers from the DIC Corporation
Sun Chemical will also present a range of technologies from its parent company, the DIC Corporation, including DAITAC pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) tapes for manufacturing commercial electronics, liquid adhesives for display applications, and EPICLON epoxy resins for highly durable PCB packaging assemblies.
To learn more about Sun Chemical’s partnerships, acquisitions, and extensive product portfolio, visit Stand #103 in Hall B0 during LOPEC 2018 at the Neue Messe München exhibition center in Munich, Germany on March 14-15, 2018.