40+ expert-led sessions curated to help print businesses make positive environmental progress
FESPA has published its comprehensive conference programme for the new Sustainability Spotlight feature at FESPA Global Print Expo 2022 (31st May to 3rd June 2022, Messe Berlin, Germany).
Sustainability Spotlight comprises 42 individual sessions, compiled with the needs and interests of FESPA visitors in mind and delivering important insights on a host of topics geared towards helping print and visual communications businesses operate in an environmentally responsible way.
Located in Hall 25, Stand C50, all Sustainability Spotlight sessions are free to attend with a FESPA and European Sign Expo 2022 entry ticket. The conference runs from 10:30am on Tuesday 31 May to 1:30pm on Friday 3 June.
Sustainability Spotlight is sponsored by headline supporters HP and Re-board Technology, premium partners Antalis and Drytac, as well as partner Hohenstein Textile Testing Institute GmbH & Co.
The full programme includes the following confirmed sessions and speakers:
- “Well Being” a Rising Value Proposition at Retail – Leo Van de Polder, Global Development Director, SHOP! NI
- An Introduction to Carbon Reduction – Dominic Harris, Co-Founder, CarbonQuota
- Digital Textile Printing: Meeting Consumer Demand for Sustainable Fashion and Apparel – Johnny Shell, Director of Functional & Industrial Printing, Keypoint Intelligence
- Eco-Design in Marketing at Retail – Mélissa Lancelot, Event Project Manager, POPAI France
- Eco-Passport – John Murphy, Technical Director Europe, Oeko Tex
- Getting Started with ISO Standards – Laurel Brunner, Managing Director, Digital Dots Limited
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) as Business Case for Sustainability ‘GOTS Information for Textile Printers on GOTS Requirements and Certification – Franziska Dormann, Representative to Global Brands, Global Organic Textile Standard
- ISO Standards – Laurel Brunner, Managing Director, Digital Dots Limited
- Replacing Conventional Materials with Paper – Maximillian Hansen, Nordwerk Design representing Re-board
- Standards – Laurel Brunner, Managing Director, Digital Dots Limited
- Sustainability in Display – Action Now! – Martin Kingdon, Chair and Sustainability Director, POPAI UK
- Sustainable Products for Short-Term Graphics – Shaun Holdom, Global Product Manager, Drytac
- Switching to More Sustainable Solutions with High Performance – Nicolas Coupry, Senior Market Manager & Sustainability Lead, Antalis
- The Carbon Impact of the Sustainability Spotlight Expo Display – Dominic Harris Co-Founder, CarbonQuota
- The Fibre Story – Ali Khalili, CEO, Re-board Technology
- The Future is PVC-Free – Are You Getting Left Behind? – Rob Karpenko, Director of Sales, Taya Europe BV
- The new Nordic Swan Ecolabelling Criteria for Printing Companies and Printed Matter – Anders Jacobsson, Senior Advisor and Nordic Product Development Advisor – Ecolabelling Sweden
- The Roadmap to Sustainable Textile Printing – Peter Buttiens, ESMA
- Using a Recycled Material Does Not Necessarily Make You a Virtuous Actor – Christophe Aussenac, Founding Director, ATC Groupe and FESPA President
The full programme will be chaired by Francisco Lozano Winterhalder, Biologist and Master Lecturer on sustainability and circular economy at ESADE Business School. Further sessions will be delivered by speakers from organisations including Bluedesign Technologies, HP and Kongsberg Systems.
Michael Ryan, Head of Global Print Expo comments: “As sustainability is moving up the agenda of print buyers and suppliers alike, it’s becoming imperative for PSPs to build their knowledge in this complex area and learn about the opportunities and challenges that come with making your business more sustainable. This comprehensive, free conference programme aims to support print businesses to meet changing environmental demands, while increasing productivity and profitability – all critical factors in sustainable, long-term growth.”
The complete FESPA 2022 Sustainability Spotlight programme and detailed session times can be found here: https://www.fespaglobalprintexpo.com/why-visit/features/Sustainability-Spotlight.
All Sustainability Spotlight sessions are in English. There is no need to pre-book sessions and there are no COVID restrictions for entry to the conference area.
To find out more about FESPA Global Print Expo 2022 and to register to attend, visit: https://www.fespaglobalprintexpo.com/. Entry is free for members of a FESPA national Association or FESPA Direct. The cost of entry is €50.00 for non-members who pre-register using code FESM235 before 25th May.