SOUTH NORMANTON, UK – 4th October 2023 – Sun Chemical will exhibit at Fakuma 2023 (Booth B4-4102, Hall B4), the world’s leading trade event for industrial plastics processing, to demonstrate its growing range of polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) and masterbatch solutions.
Sun Chemical provides future-oriented PPS compounds for use in the automotive industry and offers the broadest PPS compound portfolio of any manufacturer in the world.
On display will be a range of developments suitable for automotive e-power trains,
such as e-engines, power electronics, lithium-ion battery cells for hybrid and electric cars,
and pipe extrusion for thermal management of both combustion and electrical engines.
- PPS Z-200-XP BLACK – The company’s newly developed grade is an unfilled, impact modified, extrusion polyphenylene sulfide grade designed for use in pipe and tube applications. The solution offers high viscosity at the optimum level for the extrusion process, combined with high flexibility and elasticity, which enables a smooth heat-forming process, while maintaining chemical and heat resistance.
- PPS Z-240 BLACK – Sun Chemical’s injection moulding grade for bus bar applications for hybrid and electric cars, offers high flowability, temperature and heat shock resistance, high dielectric strength and very low dimensional tolerances.
Customers can rely on a worldwide network of support and expertise for all PPS solutions being showcased, ranging from sales assistance and customer service to technical support.
Colour Masterbatch Solutions
Providing a one-stop solution, Sun Chemical offers a versatile range of high-quality and individual masterbatches, offering a balanced combination of colorants, additives and dry blends for all purposes.
At Fakuma 2023, Sun Chemical will display its sustainable portfolio of masterbatch solutions including:
- Biodegradable Masterbatches, Sicoveral® B – Designed to reduce environmental impact, these masterbatches with bio-degradable carrier systems are ideal for applications requiring a shorter lifecycle.
- Sicolen® ECO and Sicoversal® ECO masterbatches with bio-based carriers – Crafted from renewable resources, these masterbatches offer an eco-friendly alternative to fossil-based products without compromising on performance.
- Sicolen® R with a recycled carrier – These masterbatches maximise the recycling content in the final product, contributing to a circular economy.
Kai Sörensen, Director Business Management, Color Materials at Sun Chemical comments: “Our range of technologies, our ability to innovate in response to market trends, and our firm commitment to sustainability sets us apart. This, combined with our broad portfolio and set of capabilities from production to application know-how to customer service, makes us the ideal technological partner for our customers to rely on. We welcome visitors to approach us at the show to explore our range of sustainable solutions and experience how Sun Chemical is leading the charge towards a greener future within the industry.”