South Normanton, UK – 31 July 2023 – Sun Chemical will highlight its growing range of sustainable solutions for the labels and flexible packaging industries at Labelexpo Europe 2023 (Hall 5, Stand E45), highlighting its unique position as a provider of inks, coatings, adhesives, packaging design, colour management and sustainability analysis. Based on a “5R” (Reuse, Reduce, Renew, Recycle, and Redesign) sustainability framework and associated product portfolio, Sun Chemical aims to help packaging producers and converters to drive their businesses forward in a more environmentally sustainable way.
Sun Chemical will also be showcasing solutions to boost efficiency and productivity and will be highlighting key specialty products, as well as its latest digital inkjet solutions. Mark Walkling, Product Manager, Energy Curing Packaging Products and Narrow Web Labels Europe will present a segment titled ‘Specialist Inks and Coatings’ during the Wine Labeling Master Class on 14th September at 11:05am. Registration is required.
Product solutions on display that enable sustainability will include:
- The SolarFlex CRCL and SolarWave CRCL deinkable UV and UV LED flexo ink systems, and Solvawash deinking solvent-based inks for crystallisable PET sleeves, which meet APR performance protocols.
- Retention primer, ink and coating systems, including SolarWave UV LED flexo inks, which also meet industry design for recycling protocols.
- SolarWave FSP UV LED food compliant inks, independently tested and certified as non-ecotoxic, making them suitable for compostable packaging. Samples on the stand will be printed on a compostable pouch created in partnership with Flexprinter, Belgium.
- Innovative UV coatings based on recycled polyester and with high biosourced raw material content.
- A complete range of flexographic, offset and screen UV LED and Electron Beam product solutions for labels and packaging, including coatings and adhesives.
Specialty Products displayed on the stand will include:
- A full range of screen inks and coatings for specialty labels, including opaque whites, food compliant, tactile and full matt products, and more.
- A new range of high-performance SolarWave Panther flexo UV LED black inks.
- The SunInspire portfolio of special effect products, including MirrorTech, a printable foil replacement solution.
- Ranges of metallics for flexo and offset printing suitable for curing under UV LED and Hg UV for standard and migration-compliant applications.
- Inks for printed electronics / antennas for smart labels and RFID.
Solutions to improve productivity and efficiency will include:
- Adapted dispensing solutions for small and larger converters.
- Sun Chemical will also showcase its own Extended Colour Gamut (ECG) solution, SunECG. Part of SunColorBox, SunECG is a unique set of tools and services that enables consistent and accurate digital color communication throughout the entire packaging supply chain. SunECG reduces changeover and make-ready time for multiple print jobs using expanded colour gamut printing.
Digital inkjet solutions
SunJet inkjet inks for labels and packaging applications will be another highlight on the Sun Chemical stand. Using proven technology gained over many years of developing and manufacturing inkjet inks for OEM and integration partners around the world, the latest and most demanding application and regulatory compliance requirements can now be met for all printhead and press configurations. With global inkjet manufacturing facilities in US, Europe, China and Japan, SunJet inkjet UV, LED and Aqueous inkjet inks can be supplied with maximum shelf life and with reduced environmental footprint and costs.
SunJet is the supplier of choice for most OEMs and integrators in the labels sector. As inkjet technology is increasingly adopted for packaging applications, Sun Chemical’s breadth and depth of expertise in the wider packaging market is helping to drive the implementation of SunJet inkjet inks in this rapidly growing sector.
The latest SunEvo offerings for digital printed packaging will also be featured. SunEvo is a unique toolbox of analogue-applied primers, coatings and lamination adhesives that enhance digitally printed packaging. SunEvo digital coatings range from bespoke primers for a variety of substrates and printing applications to overprint varnishes, adhesion promoters and lamination adhesives optimised for use in combination with digital inks.
Luminescence, Sun Chemical’s dedicated global security solutions business unit, will also showcase its wide-range of high-quality security solutions to help protect high-value narrow web applications from counterfeiters.
Nicolas Betin, Director of Product Strategy, EMEA & Global Sustainability Business Leader at Sun Chemical, says: “After a four-year hiatus, Labelexpo Europe 2023 provides a valuable opportunity for Sun Chemical to promote its sustainable solutions for the labels and flexible packaging markets and to demonstrate our commitment to working towards a circular economy. Key to achieving this aim is making sustainable decisions ourselves, while also making it easier for our customers and partners to do the same.”
To learn more, visit the Sun Chemical Stand in Brussels, Belgium – September 11-14 or visit: www.sunchemical.com/labels-transform.